Hi everyone, happy February! I cannot believe how quickly the time has gone. As we leave January behind and approach Spring season I thought it would be nice to share some of the Spring items I'm looking forward to incorporating into my wardrobe this Primavera - as the latinos call it.
1. Billowy Dresses or Tops (Urban Outfitters) These are the epitome of the Bohemian or Hippie style which fits perfectly with Spring. Most of these items usually have dainty floral details or lace patterns that are very feminine. I love how these minor features can instantly turn you into a Spring Princess without much effort. When choosing these clothing items beiges, whites and light pinks are best because the key to Bohemian is simplicity so the less colors you work with the more effortless your look will seem. If you liked this Bohemian dress you'll be happy to know Urban Outfitters is offering a coupon! Take 10% off! Enter promocode LOVEUO
2. Chiffon Maxi Skirts (Forever 21) Maxi skirts go with almost everything and they are easy to dress up or down. You can easily pair a Chiffon Maxi with a graphic tee or a plain tank top, add a waist-belt and a delicate pendant and there you have an exemplary look for a breezy Spring afternoon.
3. Light Oversized Jackets (Ebay) If you're just not into maxi skirts or fear that they will make you look shorter. A great alternative are oversized light jackets. The basis to a good bohemian look is to have an oversized item that flows either in your top section or your bottom section (BUT never at BOTH). This will make your outfit look easy and put together simultaneously.
4. Geometric Jewelry (eFoxCity, Etsy) I'm sucker for geometry. In fact, one of my favorite pastimes is to draw cubes all over my notes whenever I'm bored. There is something about figures that always catches my eye - their symmetry, design, significance etc... All of that explains my excitement when the geometric jewelry trend came about. For years I've been picturing myself wearing a 3 dimensional cube ring and finally getting the chance to own one threw me over the roof with happiness. I found this lovely cube ring at eFoxcity and immediately fell in love. I had been eyeing this ring for a while now but whenever I set myself to buy it, it would be out of stock. In addition I was pleased to find out that eFoxcity also had a silver cube ring - most sites only had the gold one. Recently, I've been wanting to step up my stirling game because there seems to be an overwhelming amount of golden pieces in my jewelry collection nowadays. This ring is simple and sophisticated because it brings attention to your finger without overwhelming it. I think it is the perfect classic adornment.
5. Classic Rompers (NastyGal) Although rompers are a pain come using the restroom time if they have the right cut and design they're elegant and timeless pieces. I'm particularly, very fond of the rompers with the peplum shape incorporated because they add a nice illusion of curves - for us petite girls - or enhance your curves. By merely adding a statement clutch or necklace or earrings you earn chic points instantly. p.s: the one shown is on sale now at NASTYGAL!
6. Pointed Nude Heels (Forever 21, similar here) You can never go wrong with a pair of nude heels. I'm currently on the hunt for the perfect pair of heels for my skin tone - it has been a challenge - and I have narrowed my selections down to some heels I found at Forever 21 and another pair I came across at Target. The good things about pointed nude heels are: they are neutral (so they go with everything), they elongate your legs, the pointy design is graceful and it also adds to the illusion of longer legs.
What Spring pieces are you wanting to buy for your Spring wardrobe?